- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages.
- We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Job Title: Account Manager
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Sales
Job Type: Full-time
Annual Base Salary: $71,000 – $107,000
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Sales and Account Management
Reports to: Director of Account Management
Location: Boulder, CO
Account Managers are the primary points of contact with our strategic clients. This role drives retention and revenue by being proactive, positive, and attentive to client needs. Our team is fast-paced, collaborative, and constantly innovating to deliver the best possible product and service. A typical day will involve proactive outreach to clients, uncovering insights from our own datasets, and account planning to prep for a renewal. This is a fast-paced and intense job that requires attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
If you’re selected for this position you’ll be joining the cannabis industry’s premier market research firm and representing the company to clients around the world. Your colleagues will keep you on your toes, sometimes literally when we break for lunchtime yoga.
If you thrive under pressure, attack challenges head on, and want to be a part of shaping our rapidly growing company, keep reading as this might be a good fit. If diving into an analysis of the fastest trending products in dispensaries or the profiles of different types of cannabis consumers sounds exciting, this might be the gig.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build strong client relationships, rapport, and trust with influencers and key decision makers
- Develop a rapport as a consultative partner. This includes customer needs assessment, communicating value, ensuring engagement, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Deliver revenue growth through account renewals and adding on services to existing accounts.
- Lead demo and training conversations, facilitate client onboardings, drive usage of our tools and services, and coordinate with internal SME’s to respond promptly and accurately to ad hoc client requests/issues
- Lead regular client check-ins and partnership reviews to ensure value alignment and identify risk and opportunity.
- Become an expert in the Cannabis industry and an enthusiastic, knowledgeable ambassador for proprietary products to provide ongoing value and support to our client base, addressing both short term and long-term opportunities and challenges
- Build and execute client proposals, contracts, and other documentation
- Build and maintain all client and pipeline information in HubSpot and other sales/CRM platforms
- Prioritize proactive account building, reactive client requests, and company tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- Proven track record managing accounts and/or clients in one of the following or similar industries: CPG, Retail, Food & Bev, Alcohol, Tobacco, Financial Services
- Bachelors degree in a liberal arts, business, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience. Military service may substitute for education requirements.
- 5+ years in an Account Management, Customer Success, or similar role
Additional Experience Considered:
- Prior analysis and/or implementation of consumer or retail insights data
- Prior knowledge of the cannabis industry is NOT a requirement, but interest in learning the industry inside and out is a must
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Travel: Up to 20%
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.