Join the movement!
One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
We are looking for an ambitious team player with strong transactional experience who is looking to grow their career in an exciting new industry. The Legal Associate will focus on real estate transactions, and will also assist with corporate legal matters, regulatory coordination, as well as general in-house legal duties. This role will work under the direction of the Deputy General Counsel, Director of Legal.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the Company’s growth by spearheading the acquisition (lease/purchase) of locations for new dispensaries, cultivation sites and processing locations, and assisting with post-closing integration.
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions, divestitures, and other projects.
- Draft, negotiate, analyze, and summarize complex legal documents, including contracts, proposals, letters of intent, leases, purchase agreements, and term sheets with respect to proposed transactions.
- Provide assistance with respect to the corporate framework and promote best practice corporate governance.
- Interpret and apply legal principles and procedures and develop effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Assist in the process for entering new markets and in drafting and editing license applications and renewals.
- Manage outside counsel and vendors.
- Strategic thinker.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior leadership, outside vendors, contractual counterparties, and front-line employees.
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven pro-activeness and ability to work autonomously.
- Strong familiarity with standard legal concepts and procedures, and extensive subject matter expertise in area of responsibility.
- Well-organized and professional, capable of meeting deadlines, and adept at managing multiple complex projects and changing priorities.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate Degree required from an ABA accredited school.
- This is a mid-level in-house attorney position. Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with real estate transactions.
The position will operate both in a professional office environment and in the field. The role routinely uses standard office equipment and will require travel for direct oversight of projects, as well as attendance of company business, as necessary. The Company follows relevant COVID-related health guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.