AGLC will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post. Applications will only be accepted to 9:59 p.m. (Mountain Time Zone) on the closing date. If you require assistance to apply online please contact HR@aglc.ca.
Division/Branch: Regulatory Services / Investigations
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (760)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $87,507.00 – $119,396.00
Closing Date: October 13, 2020
This position works closely with the Senior Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Unit, in the operational management of the AGLC Anti-Money Laundering Program and FINTRAC Compliance Regime.
- Post-secondary law enforcement related degree/diploma or other related discipline (or equivalency) supplemented by courses in leadership/management development.
- Significant years of operational law enforcement experience, having a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible supervisory/management experience, including knowledge and experience in policy/program development, program management/administration and/or human resource management.
- A thorough knowledge and extensive experience in operational planning, major case management, risk management and the ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Extensive training and experience in investigational techniques as applied to criminal investigations, surveillance, undercover investigational techniques, judicial authorizations and the use of informants/agents.
- Knowledge in the use of and capabilities of all internal/external applications and systems utilized by the Investigations Branch, including but not limited to: CPIC, PIRS (RCMP), PIMS (Calgary Police), JOIN (Alberta Justice), MOVES (Alberta Motor Vehicles), EPROS (Edmonton Police) & PROS (RCMP).
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to effectively address and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, subordinates and internal/external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and/or experience in licensed gaming operations, regulatory (gaming/liquor/cannabis) compliance and enforcement, illegal gaming investigations and administrative board hearing processes is an asset.
- Knowledge of; AGLC Board policies; Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines, AGLC Corporate policy; AGLC Corporate Information Security policy, Tobacco Tax Act, Fuel Tax Act, Tourism Levy Act and/or Tobacco Smoking Reduction Act is an asset.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.