Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced Director of Labor & Employee Relations. This individual will work closely within HR, Legal and Compliance at the corporate and site level in an effort to lead our labor and employee relations strategy and culture throughout our workforce. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing and championing an employee-first culture, particularly within a heavily non-exempt workforce. The team is seeking an individual with a strong business partner mindset, who can guide leaders and other HR team members through labor and employee related matters.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in the business to develop an employee-first culture in all aspects of the business.
- Participate in the development and integration of new or existing HR and employment practices.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and training to build and promote best practices in the area of labor-management relations
- Participate in bargaining and guiding management and HR Business Partners through grievances or general ER issues at union-represented sites
- Work closely with business leaders to proactively identify and respond to shifting business needs and associated employee relations implications
- Monitor employee relations at sites to facilitate early issue identification and intervention, as well as to ensure appropriate employee relations practices are maintained to promote positive employee relations.
- Identify and resolve employee issues and complaints, working in partnership with other HR leaders and the HR Business partners at the sites, as well as Compliance and Legal to make recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Provide expertise to managers and employees regarding relevant employment principles, complex employee relations issues, performance management, and critical incident management.
- Manage and maintain employee relations procedures and HR best practices to ensure compliance, enhance the employee experience, and promote our company values across all departments within the field and the corporate Center of Excellence.
- Partner with HR and business leaders to create and implement change management strategies and communications in support of changes as appropriate.
- Analyze employee relations trends to develop solutions and strategies and make recommendations based on related data.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in labor/employee relations within an HR function, preferably within union-represented sites
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think through critical information and make informed recommendations
- Can nurture collaborative approaches to problem solving, particularly through negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with varying levels of managers and leaders, as well as the aptitude to recognize potential issues and make sound recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of organizational needs assessment, succession planning and leadership development
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively navigate a complex organizational environment
- Ability to model Cresco’s Values: Stewardship, Ownership and Leadership
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.