Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Head of Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for leading the diversity and inclusion strategy and guiding the development of cross functional programs. Partnering closely cross functionally with the HR team and business leaders to identify priorities, further develop our diversity and inclusion strategy, manage implementation of programs and policies, track progress, and advance a strong culture of inclusion and engagement.
Duties and responsibilities
Being a hands-on role, the Head of Inclusion & Diversity will develop, deploy and oversee practices and programs related to inclusion and diversity, bring leadership, a forward-thinking vision for success, and continue to drive and implement best practices in our D&I priorities. Responsibility will be to drive and shape PharmaCann’s efforts around all aspects of diversity and inclusion, partnering with key stakeholders including: Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Talent Management, Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Communications and external community partners.
- Lead the strategic design and implementation of a business-driven company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion strategy that includes short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics to assess and track progress over time. Establish regular reporting of our performance and progress on all aspects of diversity and inclusion
- Maintain a strong awareness of global diversity issues and trends; educate others on the team and across the organization on diversity issues; coach and mentor line and corporate human resources on diversity issues and trends
- Partner with talent management to ensure the effective analysis of diversity surveys, talent review findings, and other organizational culture audits, and provide updates to senior leadership to inform decision making
- Promotes and drives a culture of inclusion where all individuals are welcome, and thrive in the workplace. Actively engages our workforce to further behaviors, attitudes, and policies that support all aspects of D&I
- Collaborates with leaders to develop hiring and retention efforts to attract and retain a highly talented, diverse workforce. Identifies emerging staff leadership talent and provides them with the training and experiences to realize their talent to grow their careers. Proposes, develops and deploys initiatives that broaden our outreach to diverse, qualified candidates
- Provides direction for training initiatives on cultural competency, gender differences, disability, building a climate of equity and inclusion, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of D&I values and cultivating and retaining future leaders from diverse backgrounds.
- Creates and implements communications strategies and content management for training, web resources, social media and print materials to support D&I initiatives and promotes the company’s commitment to a climate of D&I.
- Serves as spokesperson on matters related to diversity and inclusion including representing PharmaCann at relevant national and local forums and events.
- Audit and make recommendations on policies and internal process to ensure they are equitable and inclusive for individuals and groups of people with diverse backgrounds in our organization
- Partner with key leaders across both HR and the organization to drive accountability and transparency around targeted improvements in diverse representation, including at the leadership levels.
- Influence and partner with key leaders to ensure that our culture promotes inclusivity broadly, while also maintaining a sense of local identity in various site locations
- Drives our social equity and community relations programs and partners with community groups and individuals to meet social equity objectives
- Develop and implement the necessary strategic toolset that goes beyond people to drive our diversity commitment into all areas of the business including procurement, vendor and supplier selection, and the communities we serve
- Build capabilities to establish PharmaCann as an employer of choice for strong diverse talent
- Craft policies and author plans for use in our community plans that demonstrates our positioning and dedication to diversity as it relates to people, vendors and our communities.
- Provide consultation and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees on all areas of diversity and inclusion
- Conduct on-going research on best practices, and after analyzing data, recommend strategies for continuous improvement
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on recruitment strategies to ensure broad representation of qualified candidates that will lead to a diverse employee population
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading diversity and inclusion or related experience in a leadership role; Proven track record of driving and implementing innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs that result in tangible outcomes
- A passion for D&I work and a demonstrated understanding of diversity in all its facets including cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, ability, veteran status and other differences that make people unique.
- Strong business acumen and good judgment
- An ability to lead as a change agent with a strong drive for growth and a results-driven mindset
- Demonstrated passion and experience to build a culture of inclusion in the workplace
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Exceptional communication, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Culture design and transformation experience highly preferred, with a focus on change management experience, implementing enterprise wide initiatives and programs.
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently.
- The ability to lead complex initiatives and handle difficult conversations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google Suite
Travel required, public speaking
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.