Skymint Brands seeks an experienced and accomplished policy professional for the role of Director of Government Relations. This position is responsible for leading the interactions with local, state and federal government, along with all regulatory agencies of jurisdiction, in order to advance a regulatory environment that fosters a professional cannabis industry. The position reports to the Chief Government Affairs Officer and will be the direct report for the Manager of Public Affairs and Communication. It requires collaboration with the legal department, as well as interaction with other business and operations executives to inform, develop and advocate for the company’s position on public policy.
- Represent the company’s positions before local, state and federal government with a focus on Michigan, but in all locations where Skymint Brands holds or is in pursuit of a business license
- Assist the Chief Government Affairs Officers on overall political and advocacy strategy for local, state and federal government(s)
- Foster all necessary political relationships, including elected officials and bureaucrats
- Participate in various trade associations, stakeholder groups, legislative and policy workgroups
- Manage the direction of any contract lobby firms engaged by Skymint Brands
- Ensure compliance with all lobbying requirements
- Direct the Manager of Public Affairs and Communication in support of the government affairs department activities
- Monitor all local, county, state and federal issues and analyze the impact to the company
- Establish and manage a company political action committee (PAC)
- Provide PAC strategic direction, including fundraising, candidate endorsement processes and all issue advocacy campaigns
- Provide analysis and direction on key races (local, county, state and federal) and fundraising initiatives
- Public spokesperson for the Skymint Brand’s policy and political issues as needed
- Minimum six (6) years of related experience in corporate, agency, legislative or health care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public relations, communications or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Requires knowledge and experience in lobbying or other political work.
- Experience with coalition building and political action committees (PAC)
- Excellent in a variety of word-processing and presentation software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and team work skills.
- Ability to maintain high productivity amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location