CannTrust is an award-winning, federally regulated licensed cannabis producer, with locations in Vaughan and Niagara, Ontario. We are proudly Canadian, operating a portfolio of well-known brands including CannTrust, Liiv, Synr.g, Peak Leaf and BrewBudz.
At CannTrust, we are committed to providing exceptional customer experience, quality products and consistent, standardized dosing. Our greenhouses produce 95% grade A cannabis flower, which is sold in dried flower, oil and vegan capsule formats. Founded in 2014, our continued success in the medical cannabis market and subsequent expansion into the recreational business, led to us being named Licensed Producer of the Year at the Canadian Cannabis Awards 2018.
Join us in our mission to support our customers and empower our patients to improve their quality of life, by enriching the cannabis experience with the best quality products, educational resources and outstanding service.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the Sr. Director of Regulatory Affairs with effective and strategic communication with Health Canada for general regulatory matters.
- Participate as an alternate representative for CannTrust on emerging regulatory issues and regulation proposals affecting the business.
- Assis the Sr. Director of Regulatory affairs in performing gap assessments of draft regulations and promote implementation prior to regulations coming into effect.
- Write, review and consult on applicable SOPs in accordance with the requirements set out in the Cannabis Act/ Cannabis Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the counterparts in Product Development, Innovation, Quality, Operations, and Marketing departments to bring new products to market
- As a regulatory subject matter expert, provide regulatory interpretation and guidance to internal staff and contract service providers as needed.
- Responsible for executing regulatory process improvements
- Responsible for the preparation of internal Regulatory Guidance documents
- Ensure all new product development deliverables and other assignments are completed within defined timelines and meet regulatory requirements and other company guidelines
- Oversight of regulatory feasibility assessments as applicable.
- Oversee of the review and approval of ingredients, formulas, and product specifications to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Oversee the preparation of third-party certification submissions (e.g. Vegan certification, Organic certifications), where applicable
- Oversee the development of Regulatory label copy, including ingredient statement, allergen declarations, warning statements, nutrition facts tables, product name, romance copy, etc.
- Oversee the timely review of packaging artwork review and pre-press approval.
- Overall responsibility for the review all promotional and advertising material to align with the Cannabis Regulations
- Keep abreast of all pertinent regulations and government guidance. Proactively advise the cross-function partners on developments in relevant statutes, regulations, policies and legal exposures.
Individual Job Requirements
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Masters of Science degree required in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Regulatory Science, a related discipline, or relevant working experience.
- Minimum 5 years of professional related experience in Regulatory Affairs within Cannabis, food, pharmaceutical, NHP, or cosmetics manufacturing environment and a minimum of 2 years supervisory or management experience.
- Experience in change management processes, regulatory affairs, validation, leadership, influencing, and negotiation.
- Experience with Cannabis Regulations, FDR, CDSA, NCR, NHP, IHR, FDA and other related cannabis, pharma, and food regulations.
- Ability to pass an RCMP security clearance
- Available to travel to other company locations
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills. Fluent in English
- Detail oriented with demonstrated strategic, process-driven, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks of varying complexity with conflicting priorities in a busy working environment
- Motivated & driven individual
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work with all levels across the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to lift up to and including 25lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, climbing stairs, standing, and moving items is occasionally required. The employee must wear the required PPE to complete their job functions. The company reserves the right to modify PPE requirements based on regulatory, compliance and operational needs.
- When employees are required to perform duties within the Greenhouse or Manufacturing facilities, they may be exposed to unprocessed cannabis products/supplies. The Greenhouse and Manufacturing environment can be temperate, noisy and dusty at times. The employee will be provided with the appropriate (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment and they must adhere to legal requirements regarding PPE to manage their own personal safety under these conditions. In addition, to ensure compliance and minimize contamination within a controlled environment, the employees may be required to wear latex gloves a cleanroom suit.
CannTrust has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Regulatory Affairs : 5 years (Required)
- Master’s Degree (Required)
- Yes, occasionally