Good Tree Capital grants loans to promising cannabis companies and shares the earnings back with our investors. Our lending model lets us make smarter loans to trustworthy borrowers and offer better yearly returns than index funds, mutual funds or savings accounts.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated technical program manager to join our team in Chicago full time. We leverage proprietary technology to provide fair access to capital to state-legal cannabis companies. This innovative solution enables borrowers to get the funding they deserve and investors to receive high returns. Our efforts have been very successful, and now, GoodTree Capital is looking for great talent to help grow and scale the business further. As a program manager, you will be working closely with the CEO and CTO as well as a cross functional team of Design, Marketing, Business Development, and Engineers to ensure that top quality products and services are delivered and drive excellence into everything we do.
We are looking for program managers who are technically accomplished, organized, personable, and driven, going deep into technical intricacies as partners with multidisciplinary teams. With your proven experience, you will help drive the conceptualization, design, and execution of the program, as well as recognize, assess, and communicate cross-functional issues and risks. You are a creative thinker who is articulate in your reasoning, assessments, and actions! You will work with minimal direction to quickly deliver high-quality outputs. There will be overlapping projects, so you are good at multitasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. Most of all, you’re excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO*
- Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues.
- Lead design reviews and approve design milestones and criteria.
- Make an immediate impact by quickly getting up to speed and managing new and existing features from start to finish
- Coordinate design process to ensure design meets intended project goals.
- Own the end-to-end design/development of big picture items (i.e. deposit engine, investor dashboard, loan prediction algorithms)
- Ensure tight inter-team coordination/communication and end-end visibility.
- Get opportunities to work with front-end design and backend implementation
- Learn to make sense of large sets of data
- 2+ years of program management experience
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues
- Ability to filter and convey relevant information to the appropriate audiences
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development process
- Detailed project tracking and track record of meeting deliverables
- Self-motivated and proven ability to deliver on ambiguity
- 1+ years of engineering/technical experience
- Experience with the Web Development space
- Experience with Heroku/AWS
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Get firsthand experience with full program ownership
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Gain valuable experience from working with an innovative start up that is growing quickly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Program management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agile: 2 years (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings