Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Proofreader / Copy Editor must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules. Ideal candidate is meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and knows how to check statements for accuracy. This role is responsible for reviewing all documents before each round of review, before work is released to our vendor partners, as well as review all vendor proofs before final execution.
In addition, the Proofreader / Copy Editor is responsible for taking written copy provided from internal stakeholders, copywriters and/or our agency partner making any requested copy edits and ensuring all content is written in the style, tone and voice of the brand it represents.
The Copy Editor will be responsible for proofing against each state’s rules and regulations and assisting in keeping the content tracker up to date.
The Copy Editor will also be tasked with creating a guide of various agreed upon stylistic choices, rules and treatments in an effort to promote consistencies across all deliverables and in each state.
The work consists of a mix of B2B and Consumer in the marketing, retail, wholesale and events space. Deliverables consists of packaging, collateral, posters/signage, advertising, OOH, POP and Merchandising displays, presentations and corporate requests.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Interprets and understands stakeholder feedback to improve upon language and effectiveness
- Ensures text is structured and written in accordance with each brand’s style, tone and voice as outlined in the brand guidelines
- Review documents for grammar, spelling and style, making corrections and any copy suggestions
- Meet proofreading deadlines
- Review vendor proofs against approved copy and marking up edits, as required
- Develop, and track against, a written Style Guide
- Organizing and managing state specific content and requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written, grammar and communication skills
- A meticulous approach to their work with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide range of projects
- Fact-checking and research expertise
- Experience working with B2B and B2C content
- Experience working with regulated legal content, that varies from state to state
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Team player and collaborator
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in annotating PDFs via Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to wear many hats in a fast-growing company
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Print ready file preparation and knowledge of production and prepress systems
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously within a fast-paced,
deadline driven environment
- Possess good communication, collaboration and customer service skills
- High level of quality, accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5 years related professional experience. Having worked in an in-house or creative agency setting is preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.