Be yourself and bring your best ideas as a Corporate Legal Analyst!
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Corporate Legal Analyst provides support to the Chief General Counsel and the VP, Associate General Counsel and under the direction of our legal team will support all aspects of our organization’s legal affairs, with a focus on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, board and stockholder communications, and transactional support for investments, mergers & acquisitions, other corporate transactional matters and significant commercial transactions. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and must be comfortable effectively communicating with executives, board members, investors and other key stakeholders of Parallel with direction from the legal team. The Corporate Legal Analyst will perform a variety of tasks and the ideal candidate is highly organized, self-directed and interested in learning about all aspects of our organization’s legal affairs. The Corporate Legal Analyst will initially work remotely until our corporate offices in Atlanta, Georgia are reopened under the guidance of our COVID task force.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the legal and compliance teams with corporate and regulatory compliance at the local, state, and federal level including corporate annual reporting and new entity formation
- Prepare and maintain electronic corporate minute books
- Oversee corporate entity management utilizing software platform
- Effectively communicate with executives, board members, investors and other key stakeholders of Parallel with direction from the legal team
- Provide transactional support for investments, mergers & acquisitions, other corporate transactional matters and significant commercial transactions
- Assist with cap table and equity management
- Assist with drafting of resolutions and preparation of materials for Board meetings
- Research regulatory and legal requirements
- Assist with contract review and management
- Basic document drafting and preparation
- Provide administrative assistance for at least 10% or more of time
- Assist legal team with workflow management
- Handle administrative duties to support the legal team in its day-to-day activities in a wide variety of legal areas
- Assist with legal billing
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License or State-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- Ability and willingness to expand beyond your primary competencies and responsibilities to work on additional legal matters that arise from the operations of a dynamic and fast-growing company
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changing timeframes
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Ability to see foresee problems and prevent them by taking action
- Utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the organization to effectively interpret and anticipate needs
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Carta not required but a plus
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility