Reporting into BZAM’s General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will assist in a variety of in-house legal matters regarding the operations of the business and risk management. The Legal Counsel will liaise with internal business partners regarding contracts, marketing/promotion, trademarks, privacy, regulatory and policy development. The successful candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in a large firm or corporate environment, strong attention to detail, sound judgement and capable of working in a fast-paced environment; ideally having a good understanding of the legal cannabis landscape and regulatory requirements.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated private cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated by our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements for internal stakeholders;
- Review and approve marketing/promotional materials;
- Assist with trademark portfolio and liaise with external counsel;
- Assist with privacy matters and assessment;
- Draft corporate policies relating to the business and assist with implementation and compliance;
- Research and provide analysis on a variety of legal issues;
- Coordinate corporate filings as required by industry governing bodies;
- Provide guidance and advice to internal teams on legal issues as required;
- Assist with appropriate education and training to various business units within the organization;
- Ad-hoc projects as required to support organizational growth.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Law Degree from a recognized Canadian institution;
- Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario (and British Columbia is an asset);
- Clear and effective verbal and written skills;
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- A strong sense of personal integrity, confidentiality, professionalism and standards of conduct;
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and communication skills;
- The ability to remain abreast of the changing legal and regulatory landscape and applicable governing laws; and
- The ability to work remote while independently and effectively contribute as a member of a multi-disciplined team.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR, capable of speaking professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a SELF-STARTER who is proactive in the work they carry out.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience practicing law within an in-house, corporate environment;
- Experience working in a legal corporate environment within a highly regulated industry such as Cannabis, Tobacco, Beverage/Alcohol, Pharma, etc.
- Experience working cross functionally with different business units; and
- Experience working within a start-up environment is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
BZAM Cannabis is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19
- in-house legal: 3 years (Required)
- Law Degree (Required)