ZYUS is a Canadian-based, next-generation life sciences company leading scientific research and development in phyto-therapeutics. We are committed to delivering high-quality standardized therapeutic formulations that comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to provide targeted relief for our patients.
We aim to shift the paradigm from conventional strategies to focus on improving our patients’ overall quality of life and well-being by harnessing the power of phyto-therapeutics. With science as our driver, we can reimagine the potential of plant-made formulations by investing in medical research, clinical trials and advanced process manufacturing. Together, we can establish phyto-therapeutics as a standard of care to restore health and manage disease.
A Mission for Good
Elevate cannabinoids as a standard of care and reimagine the potential of protein-based therapeutics – in pursuit of transformational impact on patients’ lives.
- At ZYUS, integrity is at the core of everything we do. Quality and integrity guide our research and mission to improve patient lives by advancing the understanding of cannabinoids and their medical potential.
- People are the lifeline of our Company. We strive to create an inclusive culture built on purpose, dedication, and passion.
- We are dedicated to restoring health and humanity to patients worldwide. Our aim is to reimagine the potentialof medicine, by championing an evidence-based approach led by scientific research.
- We value a performance driven culture, focusing on best-in-class formulations by advancing the science of well-being.
Join Us on Our Mission
As we continue to embark on this journey, we are always looking for talented, growth-minded, and passionate individuals to join us on our mission for good.
Scope of Responsibility:
Reporting into the Chief Strategy and Investment Officer, this role will be providing legal support and advice to corporate business units and subsidiaries on a wide range of legal and business issues affecting ZYUS’ operations.
Provision of legal advice and support to the Corporation and its subsidiaries on a broad range of commercial legal matters, including those related to lease agreements, master service agreements, general commercial contracts, procurement, and employment matters to facilitate corporate compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and reduce corporate and stakeholder exposure to risk.
The following is a general description of duties that are done regularly in this role. Please note that employees will be asked to perform duties outside of the following to assist in other Company related activities as required.
- Working with managers from different functional areas to draft, review and negotiate a wide range of agreements both domestic and international, including non-disclosure agreements, supply/distribution/quality agreements, engineering/construction/architectural agreements, service and consulting agreements, lease agreements, clinical trial agreements; licensing and research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements; and other strategic agreements for drug development, manufacture and supply, and commercialization.
- Contract tracking and management.
- Advising on the interpretation of commercial agreements and applicable laws and regulations (including the Cannabis Act and Regulations) in a manner that provides practical legal advice while properly managing risk to the organization.
- Participate in legal risk management, including development, review, maintenance and revision of:
o departmental and corporate policies and procedures;
o Contract templates
- Working collaboratively and creatively with internal clients by effectively rendering clear, practical and timely legal advice on complex issues/concepts through identifying legal issues/ considerations and providing legal options, analysis of possible legal solutions, and giving recommendations for addressing critical issues to achieve business and legal objectives.
- Assisting and advising the different business units from a legal standpoint with the structuring of various business initiatives and assisting in the development, drafting and implementation of standardized contracts, procedures and policies.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and government authorities as required and conduct research on legal matters and work with regulators on business and regulatory issues as required.
- Handle complaints and compliance issues as required.
- Prepare briefings for Senior Management and Committees as required.
- Working in close collaboration with the other members of the legal department.
- Interacting from time to time with external counsel, advisors, external vendors, and business partners.
What it Takes
- A university degree (LLB / JD) in law and licensed to practice law in Saskatchewan or Ontario;
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience
- Experience in securities law and publicly traded companies would be an asset
- Prior in-house experience and/or experience with intellectual property protection (patents/copyright), ownership and assignment is a definite asset
- Proven experience in contract development and management
- Strong legal and technical drafting skills
- Ability to find simple, workable solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to see past the question and understand the wider strategy
- The ability to think tactically to get to the best result for all parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, effectively managing priorities while meeting deadlines
Benefits of Joining our Team
At ZYUS, we care about our people. Our total rewards package includes comprehensive benefits, retirements savings, on-going training and development……. and more
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)