Throughout recorded history, industrial hemp has been a reliable source of protein-rich seeds and strong, durable fibers. With the revitalization of domestic hemp cultivation, the demand for hypoallergenic hemp fabrics, tree-free paper, and biodegradable plastics continues to rise. While environmentally conscious consumers embrace a growing list of eco-friendly hemp-derived options, the CBD extracted from the stalks, stems, and flowers of the plant have also been attracting a considerable amount of attention.1
Although many CBD companies offer products formulated for topical application, most combine their cannabinoid-rich oils with a range of ingredients selected for their potential to ease tension and soothe the body. While many CBD users appreciate the combined effects of those plant extracts on their bodies, those types of ingredients can irritate delicate facial skin.
To stay in step with consumer interests, a considerable number of skincare companies have also expanded their inventories to include a range of CBD products. But many of these companies are charging high-potency prices for products that contain too little CBD to be of any significant value. Many of those products also contain artificial fragrances, preservatives, and other chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin, Today, BOTA™ Hemp is meeting and exceeding consumer expectations by offering a line of pure, potent, plant-powered CBD skincare products formulated specifically for face and body.
Harnessing the Many Potential Skin Benefits of Active Botanicals
Using natural botanicals to protect skin health and appearance dates back thousands of years. Through the ages, people relied on herbs, extracts, and other natural substances until consumer interest in branded cleansers, toners, masks, and moisturizers blossomed in the early 20th century. For decades, product manufacturers assured consumers that the many synthetic chemicals, fragrances, and other manufactured ingredients commonly used in their products were harmless, believing skin formed a nearly impenetrable barrier that protected the body from absorbing unwanted chemicals.2,3
Although today we know that skin is far more absorbent than once believed, the health and beauty industry continues to use dyes, fragrances, and chemical compounds that have never been evaluated for consumer safety. Of the roughly ten percent that has been tested, many are known to cause irritation, environmental concerns, and disrupt healthy skin function. It’s clear that synthetic skincare ingredients tend to cause more skin issues than they solve.4
BOTA™ is on a mission to provide safe, gentle, effective skincare products to health-conscious consumers interested in reducing their exposure to chemical irritants and questionable product ingredients. All BOTA™ skincare products are formulated with plant botanicals selected for their potential to balance oil production, restore skin’s natural balance, prevent moisture loss, and support the skin’s natural ability to renew. Of the many botanicals in BOTA™ products, many satisfied customers find CBD the most intriguing.5
Investigating the Many Potential Skin Benefits of Hemp-Derived CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the 113+ compounds found in hemp plants. It’s a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that has the ability to act on cannabinoid receptors that are part of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Plant cannabinoids, also known as phytocannabinoids, bind with this system, which helps regulate certain vital functions of the body, including sleep, appetite, immune, pleasure, pain, inflammation, and more!
When the ECS is in sync, the human body is able to achieve what is called homeostasis, which means your body is operating at optimal levels. In many ways, CBD-infused skincare products work just like any other CBD product, the tinctures, gummies, or capsules you might already be using. With plant-based CBD skincare, the CBD is delivered directly to your skin.5
While it’s important to note that CBD is not a treatment or cure for any known skin disorder, research investigating the effects of topical application suggest the cannabinoid has the potential to nurture, protect, and revitalize skin. The visible effects of CBD-infused skincare products depend on which essential processes might be restored to balance through ECS support.
Exploring BOTA™ Plant-Powered CBD Skincare Products
At BOTA™, each product contains a blend of natural, wholesome ingredients selected for their contributions to skin health and appearance. With continued use, numerous satisfied customers find their skin less-reactive, smoother, softer, and more vibrant. Many say they achieve superior results using fewer products. For pure, potent skincare options powered with active botanicals, consider investigating some of the following BOTA™CBD skincare products:
BOTA™ Balancing Micellar Cleansing Toner
- Sun exposure, environmental pollutants, cosmetics, and cleansers can disrupt the skin’s natural balance. Once the skin’s protective lipid barrier is disrupted, the surface is far more susceptible to allergens, bacteria, and moisture loss. Formulated with full-spectrum hemp extracts, witch hazel, sweet almond oil, chamomile, and honeysuckle, BOTA™ Balancing Micellar Toner restores essential balance, removes any lingering traces of dirt and debris, and leaves skin more receptive to the benefits of serums and moisturizers.9
BOTA™ Moisturizing Creams and Lotions
- After cleansing and toning, facial skin needs a gentle moisturizer to restore its natural lipid barrier, boost hydration, and protect the surface of the skin. BOTA™ Hydrating Facial Cream contains 150mg of CBD enhanced with achiote seed oil, a potent antioxidant. BOTA™ Age-Defying Face Lotion combines the skin soothing potential of CBD with manuka oil and ginger root. As the manuka oil protects delicate skin from environmental exposure and moisture loss, the ginger root is shown to balance the skin.10,11,12
BOTA™ Night Creams
- Night creams tend to be more emollient than creams and lotions formulated for daytime use. BOTA™ night creams are no exception. BOTA™ De-Stressing Nightly Face Cream delivers 150mg of CBD and the calming effects of lavender, a natural plant essence shown to soothe and hydrate dry skin.13 BOTA™ Age-Defying Night Cream is formulated with 300mg of CBD and the combined effects of Manuka flower extract and ginger root. The combined effects are shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
BOTA™ Age-Defying Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Hyaluronic acid is a moisture-binding skin lubricant. This lightweight, gel-like substance is shown to contribute to moisture retention and various aspects of tissue repair.14 When applied topically, the hyaluronic acid in BOTA™ Age-Defying Hyaluronic Acid Serum boosts moisture retention below the surface, improving hydration levels.15 Meadowfoam oil, ginger root, manuka oil, and hemp-derived CBD contribute to the serum’s soothing potential. For best results, BOTA™ recommends using hyaluronic acid serum after toning.
BOTA™ Body Products
- BOTA™ Ultra-Rich Satin Body Crème delivers 200mg of CBD, and the combined forces of shea butter and jojoba oil to rescue troubled skin from moisture loss. Body creams are most often preferred by those with dry or dehydrated skin. BOTA™ Nourishing All-Day Body Lotion is formulated for all skin types. This lightweight lotion contains 400mg of CBD, argan oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, and rosemary leaf extract, a fragrant botanical with considerable skin benefits, including protecting skin from UV damage.16 For best results, BOTA™ body care products should be applied twice daily to clean, slightly damp skin.
Enhancing Plant-Based Skincare Products with the Power of Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extracts
BOTA™ skincare products rely on the power of plant oils, extracts, and full-spectrum CBD to deliver serious results. That’s an important distinction. Skincare products made with full-spectrum hemp extracts deliver a wide range of additional cannabinoids, plant terpenes, and essential fatty acids shown to have considerable skin-soothing potential of their own. Many people using full-spectrum CBD find the results more potent than products made with pure CBD isolate because of the way the cannabinoids and terpenes combine to maximize the therapeutic potential of each plant element, a phenomenon unique to cannabis called the entourage effect.17
Visit BOTA™ to view The Complete Guide to Natural Skin Care, browse the BOTA™ Blog, or investigate their quality assortment of face and body care products. To ensure purity and potency, all BOTA™ CBD skincare products are third-party tested, and US Hemp™ Authority certified. BOTA™ plant-based facial and body care products are gluten-free, cruelty-free, and formulated for all skin types.
- Tree Hugger. M Mc Dermott. (2018 October 11) Perfect Plant? 7 Great Uses for Industrial Hemp.
- T Lakritz. (2018 August 07) 10 Beauty Treatments That Were Once Popular But Are Actually Incredibly Dangerous.
- (2018 August 19) The Uses of Plants in Skin-Care Products, Cosmetics, and Fragrances: Past and Present.
- (2014 June 23) Everything You Need to Know About Natural Skin Care.
- Echo Connection. (2017) CBD Has Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Properties. What Does That Mean?
- Journal of Clinical Medicine. D Panther, S Jacob. (2015 May 04) The Importance of Acidification in Atopic Eczema: The Underexplored Avenue for Treatment.
- K Carter. (2013 July 08) The Wrinkle Fix of the Future.
- Herb Wisdom. (2020) Achiote/Annatto Benefits.
- Ageless Allure Medispa. (2018 August 01) The Benefits of Ginger.
- D Sullivan. (2018 December 17) How to Improve the Health of Your Skin with Lavender Oil.
- Journal of Anatomy. H Oxlund, T Andreassen. (1980 December 13) The Roles of Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen, and Elastin in the Mechanical Properties of Connective Tissue.
- Dermato Endocrinology. Eleni Papakonstantinou et al. (2012 July 01) Hyaluronic Acid: A Key Molecule in Skin Aging.
- Cosmetics Info.org. (2016) Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.
- Project CBD. (2020) Terpenes and the “Entourage Effect.”
This content is provided as a membership benefit to our valuable business level members. Due to several factors including the variances in state hemp laws and the differences in interpretation of federal law, NHA makes no warrants of the legality, efficacy or safety of any product, service or statement made by any third party.
We encourage all members and the general public to do their own due diligence on any business or product, and understanding their state’s and federal laws, before choosing to purchase any product or contracting for any service.