This role is responsible for ensuring cannabis cultivation/manufacturing facility operations remain compliant under state law. Qualified individuals will demonstrate several years’ experience as a compliance leader in a highly-regulated industry, such as cannabis production, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, alcohol beverage, etc.
A demonstrated track record implementing and maintaining robust operational compliance—including developing standard operating procedures and leading internal audits—is required.
The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, be able to work collaboratively to oversee multiple projects at once, and use analytical skills to solve complex problems under rigorous timelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize METRC to audit records and assist staff with product creation, movement, and waste for cultivation and manufactured products.
- Oversee harvest, manufacturing, testing, packaging, shipment, and waste destruction activities to ensure compliance throughout the facility.
- Collect, audit, and maintain required records from all departments (cultivation, lab, kitchen, etc.) to ensure compliance with state laws and company policies.
- Monitor and audit inventory of cultivation and manufacturing products and waste on a routine, ongoing basis, and investigate any discrepancies identified.
- Monitor inventory losses and assist in developing standard operating procedures to reduce loss in all departments.
- Confirm that all new packaging and labeling is compliant prior to distribution.
- Review marketing and advertising materials for compliance with state regulations.
- Collect and submit manifests for product deliveries.
- Monitor state regulations and agency guidance to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ compliance experience in highly-regulated industry.
- Specific experience in cannabis cultivation/manufacturing operations strongly preferred.
- Experience in METRC seed-to-sale software program preferred.
- Experience leading inspections and completing corrective action plans.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Lone Mountain Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.