Our client is looking for a Compliance Assistant to work alongside the Head of Compliance and facilitate the day-to-day running of the Compliance Department by performing member communication and administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will: –
- Have a broad understanding of the Hemp & Cannabis Industries in the UK, Europe and
- Be able to self-educate and learn quickly in a day to day changing industry.
- Have or be studying for or be prepared to study for a Qualification in Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience.
The role is outlined below although could be subject to change as the organisation grows and develops.
- To be a point of contact for any member
- To offer advice and guidance to members and team members in relation to industry-related compliance.
- Member website and social media checks.
- To ensure members where applicable have their own lab reports and supplier details on file and to follow up any missing lab reports and supplier details after approval.
- To understand and be able to use the Regulatory Bodies’ (MHRA, FSA, VMD, CTPA, ASA/CAP, trading Standards, guidance notes on regulatory compliance.
- Building relationships with clients
- Following up on business communications, interacting with clients either on the phone or in person, answering or redirecting emails to the proper department
- Scheduling calls and meetings.
- Educating clients about what services are available
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- To keep accurate records of all calls and emails (members) by noting content and description in the Membership Management (MMS) system.
- To ensure the in-house MMS is fully kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Sending communications and emails
- To assist other team members with their roles when instructed by their line manager(s).
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
- Reading email messages and passing them on
- Collecting and inputting company data
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Providing office support including customer and employee support
- Assisting with minor technical support
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Participating in office and group meetings and taking meeting minutes
- To ensure that you are available for company/external events when required at the times required.
- Preparing documents, displays etc. by printing, copying, and binding if needed.
- Have a professional attitude and approach to Members (full and associate), staff and Management.
- Self-motivation and good timekeeping.
- To perform all tasks diligently and to the best of your abilities.
- Learning about the company’s mission and available products/services
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Writing and editing company correspondence, articles and published material.
- Time Management (Working from home)
- Communications via email and scheduled phone calls
- Organisation Structure and attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Reporting & Researching
- Keyboard & Computer Skills -Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Online Filing
Reference ID: TS/CTA2021A
Expected start date: 01/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,280.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- compliance: 2 years (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Work from home