Instituto del Progreso Latino is a community organization whose mission is to contribute to the fullest development of Latino(a) immigrants and their families through education, training and employment that fosters participation in the changing U.S. society while preserving cultural identity and dignity. Founded in 1977 to help Latino’s learn basic skills, pass the civil service exam and obtain higher paying post office jobs, Instituto has grown to a flourishing educational center serving over 14,000 Chicago families per year.
The Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement Aid Outreach Coordinator is a client recruitment position to hold Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement Aid 2021 information sessions; to make Citizenship and other known and available to the community, and in particular to assist eligible persons to apply for Cannabis Expungement Aid with program partners. The outreach coordinator reports to the Citizenship Coordinator and is responsible for organizing, coordinating and carrying out Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement Aid education efforts for the Citizenship Department, including presentations, and primarily through social media communication and online events. This may also include door to door leafleting and direct community outreach in person at events as directed. The coordinator provides information to the public seeking Cannabis Expungement, and follow ups with clients and other tasks assigned by the program coordinator and director. The coordinator prepares monthly reports for funders and internal requests. The coordinator will attend Cannabis Expungement program meetings on a regular basis, plus other duties as needed and assigned in order to fulfill contractual obligations of foundations and government funders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and realize Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement Aid education presentations at community events as needed.
- Attend Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement Aid 2020 program meetings in representation of Instituto del Progreso Latino
- Devise and implement electronic strategies to motivate eligible community residents to apply for Cannabis Expungement assistance.
- Reach the public through social and electronic media
- Reach the public as needed through presentations, door knocking campaigns, telephone banking and other outreach techniques.
- Maintain data and fill out reports based on program activities.
- Help clients with filling out the Legal Services and Cannabis Expungement requests on line.
- Makes program visible in the community as needed.
- Attend funder meetings and trainings.
- Prepares monthly reports for funders and IDPL as requested.
- Work on other projects when deemed appropriate by the Program Coordinator for the completion of the program’s goals and objectives.
- Must have HS Diploma or equivalent plus college credits at the AA or BA level; BA/ BS preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish English preferred.
- Previous experience in a non-profit setting; Previous experience in outreach and community education.
- High degree of volunteer based activities and community or parish service.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people, manage conflict and stress appropriately.
- Team player and willing to take on multiple tasks at once and independent worker, requires minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Outstanding and Exemplary “customer service” attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Dependability, punctuality and strong time management skills
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and effective management of multiple projects at one time
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, react to unpredictable events quickly and efficiently, be resourceful, manage conflict and challenges well
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet cell phone based skills, texting, posting messages, using Q codes and others.
- Be available to work weekends and unconventional hours when required