Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates fourteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Corporate Legal Specialist (Paralegal) provides administrative and project-based support to PharmaCann’s (the “Company”) Legal Department through managing and maintaining legal priorities, including corporate legal matters, regulatory coordination for the company, scheduling, and deliverables. The Corporate Legal Specialist (Paralegal) will lead initiatives to develop the Legal Department and build its capacity to serve the Company’s rapidly growing business. This role will be responsible for managing processes and vendors, identifying areas for improvement, and working collaboratively with various teams across the Company, especially the Finance department. The successful candidate will have exceptional analytical and organizational abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Records Management: Develop and manage the comprehensive maintenance of corporate records.
- Corporate Governance: Draft, edit and compile board minutes; draft corporate and limited liability company actions by written consent, officer certificates and other documents.
- Entity Management: Manage PharmaCann entities through entire lifecycle (formation, annual reports, foreign qualifications, assumed names, mergers, dissolutions); maintain global entity structure database.
- Legal Documentation: Draft, review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements and other contracts in accordance with established protocols and attorney guidance; organize, proofread and assemble documents; obtain required signatures.
- Investor Relations and Reporting: Partner with accounting, finance teams to prepare investor reports for and respond to information requests from investors. Interfaces directly with Company investors to manage ownership breakdown disclosures and coordinates pertinent documents for signature by investors.
- Regulatory: Partner with compliance, accounting and finance teams to make disclosures to and represents the Company in communications with various regulators.
- Research: Conduct legal research and document review/due diligence from time to time.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives.
- Either (i) bachelor’s degree in any field or (ii) associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies; completion of paralegal certificate, Certified Paralegal (CP) program, or Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) program preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience supporting legal professional(s); extensive non-legal experience in accounting and finance departments will be considered.
- Experience drafting corporate documents and forming business entities (primarily corporations and limited liability companies).
- Law firm or in-house experience in financial services preferred.
- Solid understanding of general principles of law applicable to corporate practice; familiarity with general principles of finance and accounting preferred.
- Strong drafting, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills and able to learn new systems; experience with G-Suite preferred.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Prior experience in managing support staff to ensure that attorneys receive needed support and assistance with caseloads and providing guidance and training to support staff as needed.
- Able to effectively use technology to work seamlessly with colleagues across the country; able to work remotely in accordance with PharmaCann’s COVID-19 policies.
- Performs well under pressure on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; able to successfully manage changing and conflicting deadlines and requests.
- Willing to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience in legal and/or regulatory compliance matters.
- Someone who expects excellence from themselves and their teammates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.