We are looking for creative people who carry a spirit of excellence in everything they do. If you have a healthy obsession over your work, we want to hear from you! We are a full-service digital agency that is growing and we want creative problem solvers on the team.
Communication is EVERYTHING. If you have a reputation for being a great communicator you’ll fit right in. Anything less than great and you won’t cut it. We also move fast, so if you are a slowpoke, we’re not the place for you.If you’re a humble, creative problem solver, a goal-obsessed overachiever, and would describe yourself as the kind of person that can get along with anybody, we want to talk to YOU!
Working closely with our marketing team, your priority will be to write content that is conversion focused and flex your marketing know-how on writing lead funnels and conversion-based copy across our client portfolio. You’ll adapt to the varying written tone of voice for our clients.You will play an important support role to the marketing team and the lead editor helping to alleviate the writing workload as the team grows.
Content Writer Scope:
- Write, create, and measure the success of content marketing materials like blog posts, landing pages, emailers, email nurture sequences, downloads, and guides.
- Write captivating product descriptions that convert website visitors to buyers
- Develop content calendars based on analytics, reader feedback, and marketing goals.
- Contribute to copy and content development for marketing collateral (ie. brochures, infographics)
- Write and edit content for website development projectsPerform research and fact-checking to support written content
- Consider yourself a grammar and word-wizard
- High personal standard in your editing, proofreading, and fact-checking, and take pride in your craftsmanship of quality, polished work.
- Diploma or degree from a post-secondary school (English, Communications, Journalism) or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in basic SEO keyword research a plus
- Familiarity with basic ideas in digital marketing, and interest in building a stronger understanding
- Published content whether it’s a blog, agency production material, site copy – showcasing that you’ve written content, and done it well.
- Ability to write for different audiences across industries through a variety of mediums on tight deadlines
- Excellent at creative problem solving (be ready to provide examples)
- Teachable attitude and humble approach to learning
- Self-motivated and comfortable working alone
- Great verbal and written skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of Cannabis and Liquor industry a plus
- Must be able to provide writing samples of work
* Send Cover Letter (required), Resume (required), and Writing Samples (required)*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Content Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19