Ayr Wellness Inc. (Ayr) is a leading vertically integrated cannabis multi-state operator – think private-equity meets start-up meets cannabis. As a leading cultivator, manufacturer, and retailer of cannabis products, Ayr owns a portfolio of entities across eastern and western U.S.
The position offers exposure to all facets of the company as the employee will be working in the corporate headquarter office. As such, they will learn the innerworkings of Ayr and its subsidiaries. The junior accountant’s focus will be predominantly within the accounting function. Some responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with quarterly financial statements & various corporate filings.
- Assist with the month-end close process for both the parent company as well as its subsidiaries.
- Assist with corporate accounts payable and reconciling bank statements.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Liaise with portfolio companies and their accounting teams.
- Corporate research and projects.
- Ad hoc accounting assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA strongly preferred.
- Up to 1 year of experience in a public accounting firm.
- Hungry to gain an understanding of the cannabis industry & a public company.
- Understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to interpret data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be eligible to work in the US either through a visa or US citizenship. Ayr does not sponsor visas.
Office location is in New York, New York
0 thoughts on “Junior Accountant AYR Northeast New York, NY 10022”
Kannaway Submits Application for CBD Products to UK’s Food Standard Agency
Senior Accountant GSD NJ LLC d/b/a Garden State Dispensary Jersey City, NJ