$100,000 – $125,000 a year
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Vicente Sederberg is the Marijuana Law Firm – Shaping the Laws, Connecting the Players and Building an Industry. The attorneys specialize in marijuana law and policy development and share expertise with all stakeholders in this new, ever-changing regulatory environment. They advise businesses in new opportunities, state applications, licenses, corporate formation & restructuring, employment contracts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial real estate, dispute resolution, with a specialization in compliance. For businesses and individuals, they offer criminal, civil and administrative representation. The firm serves local, state, federal and foreign governments in drafting legislation and regulations.
The Regulatory Law Attorney is responsible for managing client cases, advising clients on state and local cannabis regulations, compliant transactional documents, and business structures, and providing representation at administrative licensing hearings. This position will also maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry laws and regulations, perform legal research, and provide updates to and regularly consult with Senior Associate(s) and Partners.
Vicente Sederberg offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverages 100% paid for by Vicente Sederberg for all of our full-time employees and their dependents. Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance coverages paid 100% for all of our full-time employees. We also offer a 401k with 4% company match, paid time off, and paid parental leave.
Responsibilities of our Regulatory Associate include but are not limited to:
- Understand relevant state and local cannabis regulations and present on behalf of clients at administrative licensing hearings.
- Maintain familiarity with state and local cannabis regulations, public hearings, and ordinances.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and permitting and licensing applications.
- Advise clients on state and local cannabis regulatory matters.
- Review and analysis of transactional and real estate documents in the context of cannabis regulatory law.
- Focus on various issues involving federal, state, and local cannabis laws and implementing regulations.
- Advise cannabis businesses to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for cultivating, processing, testing, transferring, marketing, and selling cannabis products, including advising businesses with respect to the intersection of federal, state, and local laws.
- Monitor changes to regulations and ordinances applicable to the cannabis industry.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of rapidly evolving state and local cannabis laws in Colorado and updating team members on relevant developments in laws.
- Provide practical legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a liaison with government regulatory bodies and administrative agencies on behalf of clients regarding product issues, inspections, and other inquiries.
- Participate in rule-making processes, including drafting comments to regulators.
- Answer complex compliance questions incorporating nuanced areas of state, local, and federal law and providing insight on enforcement and policy trends.
- Advise and consult with all levels of the organization including senior leadership to identify critical legal issues, assess potential legal options, and provide individuals and teams with an analysis and range of possible legal solutions.
- Contribute to the firm’s success by continuously improving client relations, profitability, productivity, and the collective expertise in cannabis law and the industry that defines VS.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Licensed attorney in Colorado required.
- 2-4 years of experience practicing law with a focus on government regulatory law.
- Familiarity with Colorado cannabis regulations preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with clients, the public, and individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Passion for providing unparalleled client service.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, NetDocs, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, DocuSign, Clio, and Accela preferred.
- Exceptional organization skills and strong self-motivator with high attention to detail.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast-paced environment and the ability to juggle multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
Qualified applicants please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to be considered.
Vicente Sederberg is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation or identity, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Referrals: Please provide the name of the Vicente Sederberg employee who referred you within your cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Remote until further notice.
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- government regulatory law: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bar in Colorado (Preferred)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place