Legal Counsel (life sciences) clinical, regulatory, licensing New York Reporting to General Counsel, the Legal Counsel (life sciences) will be responsible for providing legal support and advice regarding all COMPASS clinical, regulatory and licensing matters.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide legal advice for a wide range of clinical, licensing and regulatory matters
- Develop, implement, and maintain written policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and rules, and industry standards
- Manage compliance matters handled by outside counsel and consultants
- Provide advice to all COMPASS departments to ensure compliance and risk mitigation related to applicable laws, regulations, and COMPASS policies
- Draft, review, and evaluate complex commercial, corporate, and intellectual property transactions, including license, collaboration, co-development, clinical trial, consulting, data use, supply, and other agreements
- Develop and deliver training to COMPASS departments regarding assigned areas
- Handle other compliance matters as assigned by the General Counsel
- B.A. or B.S. from a 4-year college or university
- J.D. from accredited law school
- State Bar Admission/Membership in good standing
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience, including at an Am Law 100 law firm and/or in-house
- Relevant experience in life sciences, clinical, licensing, regulatory compliance and/or related fields; knowledge of applicable statutes, laws, regulations, and industry standards are required
- Experience with pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and/or diagnostics industries preferred
- Experience drafting corporate agreements and policies
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a global team and build relationships with others, including internal colleagues, outside counsel, and third parties
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in an efficient manner
- Self-starter who is proactive and can work independently
- Demonstrated track record of achieving legal department objectives
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks while maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; professional demeanor; unquestioned integrity, credibility, judgment; curious; enthusiastic; strong emotional intelligence
- Flexible and adaptable
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.