The Department of Revenue and Taxation has announced in a press release that a new application is available for businesses seeking to be a part of the local adult-use cannabis industry.
As part of a six-step process, companies can now obtain a cannabis establishment license, the department stated in the release. The application, called form DRT-CELA will be available online at www.guamtax.com and at DRT’s Compliance Branch, located at its Barrigada Heights office. The new license is the fourth of six steps needed to be a fully permitted cannabis business. The process also requires clearance from other regulatory agencies outside of DRT.
The 6 steps to obtain a cannabis business license are:
- Filing organizational documents with DRT’s business license branch.
- Applying for a responsible official cannabis identification card.
- Obtaining a cannabis administrative business license at DRT’s business license branch using Form BL-02C.
- Applying for a cannabis establishment license.
- Applying for a permit to operate.
- Obtaining a cannabis business license and subsequently terminating the administrative business license.